The Upward Spiral

I’m not sure what to feel about new year. I just hope I would be able to do something. Continue to experience & explore new things & places. I can’t stand monotonous life. It’s just not for me. It makes me feel awkward mentally.  For me life is kinda stop when I stop exploring. I’m still exploring in a way but in a different way. More like exploring knowledge & myself through books & countless articles. Getting more knowledge of any kinds give me sort of satisfaction. I never really realize that knowledge is really that powerful. Previously all I know is that, u need knowledge to pass the exam & that’s it. Talk about Malaysian education system failure at its finest. Anyway as I wrote in my previous blog entries, I had mention that I’m still trying to figure out a way to prevent depression recurrent. I can’t say that I found it yet but I think I sort of found some ways to deal with it. I read this book called  “The Upward Spiral: Using Neuroscience to Reverse the C

Kampala, Uganda

IMG_6305























A land where gorilla, an almost extinct creature live. Didn't want to upset you, but I didn't manage to visit any safari & of course gorilla trekking was out of the question.
I was there for a week on a biz trip. A visit to an African country is always something i look up to. A foreign land that is very different from home always amazed me.
For Malaysian, visa is not required to enter this country. You just need to get a yellow fever vaccination & show the proof (on the small yellow book thing).
IMG_6303
The view outside of the airport is quite small. A lot of birds everywhere. It have this safari feel to it.

IMG_6312
Red earth. This is  a normal scenery here. It was more happening in the morning. More crowded. People selling stuff like bananas at the side of the road. A lot of people walking around and sitting outside of their shop.
IMG_6311
There are a lot of small shops like this one & it was painted with some ad.
IMG_6318
The apartment  where I stay. It feels quite isolated & there was a farm at the back as you can see here.  At night it was kinda creepy since the sounds of the insects outside was too loud & I was all alone!! but what choice do I have!
Basically the shops are out of reach without the transportation. I did bought some stuff earlier but the raw beef that I bought which is not cheap turn up to be spoilt. So after googling I found a food delivery website called Jumia Food previously known as hellofood. It is something like Foodpanda here. It was quite good. Took like 1 hour or more if it was raining for the food to arrived. Well what do you expect. They deliver food from varieties of restaurant Ugandan, western, Arabic, Indian, Chinese etc. But it is a bit pricey I  gotta say. Anyway, I often ordered for food delivery while on biz trip in other countries.
IMG_6347
Food that I ordered from Jumia. The avocado wrap taste so good!! 
I enjoy that grape juice a lot. Never taste anything like it, I swear to God (I'm atheist). Cant remember where it was from, just remember it was from some Arabic country.
They have something like Uber service (not really) in here but they use motorbike though they call it as boda-boda. I didn't ride on any of those since i was too chicken out. According to the statistic, there were too many boda-boda accident. So it is at your own risk. Anyway, you can just try to ask any of the motorbiker to get u to anywhere if the online service is unreliable. U can actually see a lot of this boda-boda biker outside of the mall for example.
IMG_6361IMG_6363
Boda-boda. The biker will fill up the seat quota just like in this pic. The one with helmet is the biker, the rest are his passengers. No helmet for you! Would you dare to try this once in a lifetime chance to ride on a boda-boda?

IMG_6369



Went to a beach near to the airport before I went back to Malaysia. Honestly, I can't remember the name of this place. Please forgive me.
I wish to come back here again for gorilla or chimpanzee trekking. It is very expensive though. Not sure if i will have the chance to go here again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I weird?

hey it's 2012