The Upward Spiral

I’m not sure what to feel about new year. I just hope I would be able to do something. Continue to experience & explore new things & places. I can’t stand monotonous life. It’s just not for me. It makes me feel awkward mentally.  For me life is kinda stop when I stop exploring. I’m still exploring in a way but in a different way. More like exploring knowledge & myself through books & countless articles. Getting more knowledge of any kinds give me sort of satisfaction. I never really realize that knowledge is really that powerful. Previously all I know is that, u need knowledge to pass the exam & that’s it. Talk about Malaysian education system failure at its finest. Anyway as I wrote in my previous blog entries, I had mention that I’m still trying to figure out a way to prevent depression recurrent. I can’t say that I found it yet but I think I sort of found some ways to deal with it. I read this book called  “The Upward Spiral: Using Neuroscience to Reverse the C

My trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum (Part 1)




I think most people had heard of Pompeii. I first get to know about it from a documentary many years ago. My choice of travel destination for a vacation is always ancient historical places  (and places with wonderful nature beauty), so this is one of the must go places for me. But how to get there?

If u disembark from Roma Terminal, u need to buy Trenitalia ticket to Naples Central (Napoli Centrale). Buy it earlier to get better price and to avoid ticket sold out situation. From Napoli Centrale change train to Circumvesuviana train (old scary looking train). Cant remember how much but it is cheap. I have a hard time pronouncing Circumvesuviana. The Circumvesuviana platform is at the ground floor. Find an escalator & go down. I got lost in this station after I was given with the wrong information by a local & the sign was not helpful & confusing haha. Or maybe it is just me. I bought the ticket from the counter from an old lady with sour face.






Circumvesuviana train


Make sure u get into the right train which is heading to Sorento. Read the LED board on top carefully and always be alert.

Station name for Pompeii is Pompei Scavi and station name for Herculaneum is Ercalano Scavi.

Some of the stations along the way are heavily sprayed with graffiti. In fact the whole station are sprayed with graffiti. Although I do love graffiti work of art but if it is too much It looks horrible. It is definitely not a pleasant site to look at. Seems like the authorities do nothing about it.


Fee: 20 euro for all sites which includes Pompeii, Herculaneum and  Naples Archeological Museum.(2 days pass). Each sites if buy separately cost 11 euro. I bought the pass on the spot.




Pompei Scavi station




This is among the first ruin u will see





It would be useful for u to take the guide book & the map once u enter the site. That if u cant afford to rent the audio device or hired a guide.










The archeologist believe that this was the brothel house





Poor guy




Well-preserved villa

One of the largest villa here


At the bar



Mount Vesuvius at my back. It's still an active volcano & the only active volcano in mainland Europe.
Recent eruption was few days ago.


I love wandering around Pompeii. After spending 3 & a half hours in Pompeii, I went to Herculaneum. I only have one hour in Herculaneum since the closing time is 4.30 pm! (On November - end of fall early winter) The time I was out from Herculaneum to Ercalano station it was already dark, scary & I was alone as usual !

I wish i had spend more time there. Don't have time to find & visit some of the houses. I want to visit Villa de Miseri but could not find the path go there since some of the road was being closed. I can say there are quite a number of houses being closed for maintenance. Try to make sense with pompei paper map but as expected i’m just bad at reading a map!

To be continued for Part 2 - Herculaneum


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I weird?

hey it's 2012