The Upward Spiral

I’m not sure what to feel about new year. I just hope I would be able to do something. Continue to experience & explore new things & places. I can’t stand monotonous life. It’s just not for me. It makes me feel awkward mentally.  For me life is kinda stop when I stop exploring. I’m still exploring in a way but in a different way. More like exploring knowledge & myself through books & countless articles. Getting more knowledge of any kinds give me sort of satisfaction. I never really realize that knowledge is really that powerful. Previously all I know is that, u need knowledge to pass the exam & that’s it. Talk about Malaysian education system failure at its finest. Anyway as I wrote in my previous blog entries, I had mention that I’m still trying to figure out a way to prevent depression recurrent. I can’t say that I found it yet but I think I sort of found some ways to deal with it. I read this book called  “The Upward Spiral: Using Neuroscience to Reverse the C

My trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum (Part 2)

Continuation from Part 1

Herculaneum

I gotta say u need the whole day to visit Pompeii alone unless if u go there during summer. U probably have enough time to visit both Pompeii & Herculaneum during summer (longer sunlight for u but crowded). The next day u can visit Herculaneum & Naples Archeological Museum. I wish i’d visited Naples Archeological Museum because i want to see those frescos & statues in Secret Museum! But i totally don't have time!

How to go to Herculaneum from Ercalano station?

Out from Ercalano station go down & walk straight (or use taxi which I avoid) all the way for 15-20 minutes (not that near) until u found a wall gate with latin alphabet ‘HERCVLANEVM’ & need to walk further for like 10 minutes until u reach the ticket entrance.




The main entrance to Herculaneum. It looks pretty dark because of the backlight



This is how Herculaneum looks like from the top while u walk along the long path to go to the site from the main entrance. As u can see here, Herculaneum is actually resides beneath the modern city.




Here u can see the modern house located exactly on the top of the old Herculaneum villa. The excavation of the whole Herculaneum was incomplete. I believe there are still a lot of other villas that have not been discovered yet due to this issue.




Mount Vesuvius looks much more nearer from here



Lonely road of Herculaneum


Well-preserved frescos




Well-preserved fresco

  
Can see the part of the villa which was burn hundreds (or thousand ?) of years ago



 The villas here were more well-preserved than Pompeii


I haven't really finish visiting the whole place at this time & it was already dark & near to the closing time. There were only a few tourists wandering around. I have to admit I was a little bit scared since I was all alone lol.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kampala, Uganda

The Upward Spiral